Friday, November 14, 2014

New Hymn, "By the Grace of Christ the King"


The hymn for today is a point/counterpoint on the question of how to live a righteous life.



By the Grace of Christ the King

Walking under heaven’s crown
Is a fearful thing,
For the hand of God is found,
Then, in every scene!

Refrain:          By the grace of Christ the King
I have been redeemed!
He has taken all my sin
And brought me to my knees!

How e’er could a person stand,
Knowing they are seen
Every day in every way
By the Living King?

Could a person e’er be right
In Creator’s eyes,
For we live as we devise,
Thinking we are wise?

So, then, shall I look to Him,
Seeking out His way
That I rest my feet in His
Each and every day?

Then I find Him, on the cross,
Hanging there for me!
He has taken up my cost
And has set me free!
©2014 William F. Maddock


Play the score on MuseScore

Get the PDF from Google Drive