Monday, November 3, 2014

New Hymn, "To the Cross!"

The hymn for today is a prayer for peace in times of wrath.

Hear me, almighty God!
Shower me in Your peace!
Wash me clean from all rebellion!
Grant me your sure release!
Shield me beneath Your wings!
Into my suff'ring sing
Divine grace and all Your mercy;
Shower me in Your peace!

When the unrighteous rail,
Almighty God, be hale!
Let no sting from their afflictions
Turn me unto despair!
Flash that almighty sword
Of the undying Word
Deep into their sore rebellion!
Oh, let my prayer be heard!

Let not my day see dark
Rages within my heart!
Let all sin flee from within me,
Gathered unto Thy cross
Where Jesus paid my cost!
Let not His blood be lost!
But undo me and renew me,
Gathered unto Thy cross!

Praise the almighty King,
Master of everything;
Pain and suff'ring shall not e'er sing
Over me at the cross,
For heaven's sacrifice,
Our Savior, Jesus Christ
Has released me from my sin and
Gathered me to the cross!
©2014 William F. Maddock


Play the Score on MuseScore

Get the PDF from Google Drive