Tuesday, November 4, 2014

New Hymn, "A Cavern of the Sheep"

The hymn for today is a carol of the King!

Play the hymn on MuseScore 

Get the PDF file from Google Drive

Into a cavern of the sheep
I have seen our salvation sweep!
In a baby wrapped in birth rags
I have seen the King!
Laying within that manger scene
I have seen coming our great King,
With His mercy in salvation,
Come to make us clean!

Come rejoicing before our King
Into this quiet manger scene!
Bring your faith in heaven blessing
Us by our True King!
There, in Jesus, salvation rests,
That His children be heaven blessed!
By the coming of salvation
We are heaven blessed!

Seek, ye, now, heaven's Savior King,
Now I have told you of the scene,
There outside King David's city,
Lowly Bethlehem!
Do you not hear the angels sing
At the coming of our great King
With the Feast of Tabernacles?
Jesus Christ, the King!

"I will tabernacle with you
And My Spirit won't abhor you."
"My King, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
I shall bring through you!"
"Unto us is a baby born!"
"To the virgin a son is born"
With the name, "Yahweh's Salvation!"
Jesus Christ is born!

Lift your voice to the Savior King
And listen to salvation ring!
Bring the angels down from heaven
To announce the King!
Let ye not my appearance fright
On this most glorious of nights
But bring ye to the cavern of
Jesus Christ, the King!
©William F. Maddock