Thursday, April 2, 2015

New Hymn, "Make Me Clean!"


Today was to have been the day that the Federal Court would hear oral arguments in our lawsuit against the City of St. Louis, these arguments being made to obtain a temporary restraining order from the Court to prevent the city from shutting our headquarters down. Yesterday, though, we received word that the city had admitted that they would not be ready for the hearing, and a date all the way into September was being bandied about. The leaders of our ministry seem to be taking this to mean that we have nothing to worry about until September, there having been a stay of the hearing.
I am wary.
This city has been, for many long years, bathing itself in filth and deceit, and I would not trust them for a single instance of Plank Time. Our guard should stay high, prepared, and strong.
Against sin and temptation of all varieties, in fact, our guard should at all times remain high, prepared, and strong.
For the last few days I have been suffering the pangs of romantic loneliness, longing for old flames, and tempted by the thoughts of newer ones.
And I have been weakening.
This morning was particularly desperate, in fact.
You might cleverly find ways of celebrating your desperate, but “successful”, stand against temptation, but even the entertainment, even if only in your mind, of such longed for events is still sin. Read the Sermon on the Mount if you doubt my warning!
The hymn for today illustrates the proper response.
Lord,
I am desperate for Your grace and destitute of strength!
Rescue me, oh my Savior, Jesus! Rescue me!
Amen!