Friday, June 26, 2015

My Two Cents

I am not very patriotic, to be honest. I don't feel comfortable pledging my alliance to a country I don't believe in. So I don't. I pray for our President and the leaders of our country, but I don't make any show of agreeing with them. 

So when the Supreme Court ruled for same-sex marriage, I was surprised at the load of sorrow I felt. I predict that the country cannot last long after such a blow. Families are the building blocks of society, the vitamins of fruitful souls. Families are what produce and raise healthy lives. Without them, society cannot last. 

Christian families need to be stronger than ever to survive in a hostile land. It will become more and more obvious as we go along, who the true church is. It will be harder and harder to be a Christian, and we can no longer take it lightly. We will be called old-fashioned, haters, and discriminators, but there is no better time to shine God's love than when the rest of the world is dark.

I don't pretend to admire America or its values, but it is my country. The history, the people, the land, I love it more than I realized. 

Morals and virtue are almost gone, but I vow to stand for America, despite what it does to itself.