Monday, November 30, 2015

A Remarkable Thing

Those of you who have been following my composing, here (and especially on MuseScore), have witnessed a remarkable thing. For 982 consecutive days you have seen me post hymn after hymn after hymn. This morning, though, when I turned my laptop on (the only place I have available to me to compose), the screen stayed dark.

Just yesterday I told Chris, in the comments thread of my most recent hymn, that “the screen on my laptop is dying, and I do not have the money to replace it.” This morning it did not turn on at all. While I could, quite dimly, see that changes were occurring on the display, it was far, far, far too dark to do anything with.

Pray for me, gentle readers. God knows a way.

Know this: the music is still in me, unabated, but I have no way, for now, to finish it out.